With digital disruption accelerating, every organization is now looking to more quickly unlock and act upon the insights contained within all of their data. Business teams want the reigns to analytics to gain direct access to an insights-driven competitive edge—and data discovery is key to that.
That’s why we’re incredibly excited to announce that the Business Application Research Center (BARC), a leading enterprise software analyst and consulting firm, has recognized MicroStrategy for the second year in a row as a Market Leader in its 2018 BARC Score Data Discovery Report—and the strongest performer in portfolio capabilities.
In BARC’s separate 2018 BI Survey, more than 2,700 BI professionals ranked (1) data quality/master data management, (2) data discovery/visualization, and (3) self-service BI respectively as the three trends most important to their work. Knowing its top-of-mind importance for businesses and business and analytics leaders, we’re honored to be consecutively listed as one of the data discovery market leaders.
This report provides detailed reviews on twelve data discovery vendors. Three implications stand out:
- Data Discovery transcends visual analysis. Key considerations on overall platform integration and strength including data connectivity and security while choosing a discovery solution will help business teams successfully drive adoption.
- Bringing trust to data discovery will make it a long term win. Usability only helps power users achieve near term one-off goals; having access to bottom-up governance options is critical to empower business teams.
- AI and machine learning are critical components that will drive analyst productivity. Semantic models and open architectures are necessary to operationalize these applications, especially at scale.
The BARC SCORE Data Discovery Report ranks vendors across two dimensions:
- Portfolio Capabilities—this covers data preparation, visual analysis, guided advanced analytics, and platform
- Market Execution—this covers product strategy, customer satisfaction, financials, geographical coverage, sales strategy, ecosystem, marketing strategy, and organizational strength
In addition to its vendor analysis, the report also offers key insights and advice from BARC analysts on data discovery and progress toward automated discovery enabled by AI.
To get BARC’s insights in this area, as well as its analysis of strengths and weaknesses on twelve leading analytics vendors, download a complimentary copy of the 2018 BARC Score Data Discovery Report.