The lines between individuals’ personal and business lives are blurring, and nowhere is that more evident than when it comes to technology—especially the use of mobile devices.
Given the increasing role that smartphones, tablets, and wearables are playing in daily life, and the new ways these devices are being used, Ventana Research CEO Mark Smith advises, in 10 Enterprise Analytics Trends to Watch in 2019, that organizations should be thinking about how they can make these new experiences work for them in empowering and engaging employees and transforming their business.
Easy access to data and analytics via mobile devices, for example, now empowers employees and sales staff with the insights they need to make faster, better-informed recommendations and decisions. More than half of organizations (57%) in Ventana’s benchmark research indicate the importance of accessing analytics from mobile technology.
Business users want and increasingly expect their working environment to mirror their consumer life. This means they expect a simple, user-friendly experience, one where all the applications and information they need is readily available. —Mark Smith, Ventana Research
Looking ahead, says Smith, there are six key trends that are not only impacting our personal lives, but can be integral to business success as well:
- Device proximity features can provide environmental context and suggest where to take action based on location
- Gestures and camera-based input now make it even easier and faster to engage with business applications
- Biometrics, from facial recognition to fingerprints, enable significantly better device, data, and enterprise security
- High-quality device cameras make it easier to capture, share, and use photos and videos within business processes
- Augmented reality (AR) enables the use of the camera to digitally interpose virtual objects to enhance work experiences
- Speech recognition on mobile devices make it simpler for users to access information and act quickly
To learn more about what’s next in mobile applications for the front office and why enterprise organizations need to take action now, watch Mark Smith’s thought leadership webcast on-demand. To read more trends to watch from today’s top thought leaders, download 10 Enterprise Analytics Trends to Watch in 2019.