As businesses face a 2020 reality check and use this year to hone their strategy for the next decade, MicroStrategy has compiled insights on the top enterprise analytics trends to watch from leading BI, analytics, and digital transformation influencers, including analysts from Forrester, IDC, Constellation Research, Ventana Research, and more.
From artificial intelligence to the explosion of data sources, the standout themes in this year’s trends provide a compelling read. Here’s the 2020 list of trends to watch, listed in alphabetical order by author’s last name. Read more about each thought leader and the insights and advice they shared in 10 Enterprise Analytics Trends to Watch in 2020.
1. Deep Learning Delivers a Competitive Advantage
Author: Frank J. Bernhard
Chief Data Officer and Author, "SHAPE—Digital Strategy by Data and Analytics"
2. Automated Machine Learning Improves the ROI of Data Science Initiatives
Author: Marcus Borba
Founder and Principal Analyst, Borba Consulting
3. The Semantic Graph Becomes Paramount to Delivering Business Value
Author: Roxane Edjlali
Senior Director, MicroStrategy; former Gartner Research Director
4. Human Insight Becomes Even More Important as Data Volumes Increase
Author: Chandana Gopal
Research Director, IDC
5. Next-Generation Embedded Analytics Speeds Time to Insights
Author: Doug Henschen
VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
6. The Need to Combine Data Sources Continues to Grow
Author: David Menninger, SVP and Research Director, Ventana Research
7. Data-driven Upskilling Becomes an Enterprise Requirement
Author: Hugh Owen
EVP, Education, MicroStrategy
8. AI is Real and Ready
Authors: Srividya Sridharan, VP and Research Director; Mike Gualtieri, VP and Principal Analyst; J.P. Gownder, VP and Principal Analyst; Craig Le Clair, VP and Principal Analyst; Ian Jacobs, Principal Analyst; Andrew Hogan, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
9. Mobile Intelligence Evolves for 2020 and Beyond
Author: Mark Smith
CEO and Chief Research Officer, Ventana Research
10. The Future of Experience Management is Powered by AI
Author: R “Ray” Wang
Founder and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
Read all of this year’s trends insights, and stay tuned for extended coverage of each trend in this blog.