What's New in MicroStrategy 10
MicroStrategy 10.10 is here. With the latest release, business teams can confidently take the first steps towards establishing an enterprise-wide, data-driven culture, on their own—all with a single platform.
MicroStrategy Desktop 10.10
The newest generation of our free data discovery tool delivers a completely redesigned interface and significantly enhances the previous version of Desktop. With its ability to author, promote, and certify dossiers, it is now possible for teams to unleash agility while maintaining IT governance. It’s never been easier to deploy governed data discovery throughout the enterprise.
Download desktop for free
MicroStrategy Workstation 10.10
MicroStrategy Workstation is a brand-new addition to the MicroStrategy product line. Available for Mac and PC, this powerful tool gives administrators and content developers the ability to quickly and easily build and maintain scalable enterprise content, create users and groups, assign security roles, schedule and publish data mashups for business teams, and much more.
Certify Dossiers and Documents
In MicroStrategy 10.10, analysts and data stewards have the ability to watermark content with a 'certified' stamp. This helps to maintain tighter data governance across a self-service environment and makes it easy for business users to tell when content is tied to trusted data sources.
Modern User Management
Workstation brings administration to the PC and Mac. It simplifies the process of creating and managing users and groups, assigning security roles, managing access privileges, creating data models, and more.
New Data Connectors
With MicroStrategy 10.10, new data connectors are available in the Connector Gallery, offering access to more sources including: data.world, Neo4j, TapClicks, Microsoft Azure Cosmos DC, and SurveyMonkey. Our customers have the ability to leverage all these connectors today and more, to easily build analytics and mobility applications.
Visit the connector gallery
Enhancements for Usher
In 10.10, Usher Professional brings even more capabilities as an enterprise directory and communications tool. Existing directory and gateway attributes can be mapped in Usher’s Network Manager, making it extremely easy to search and filter directory groups and distribution lists.
Whats new in 10.9
The new tools and features of MicroStrategy 10.10 build on the monumental 10.9 release which introduced the enhancements below.
MicroStrategy 10.9 introduces the dossier, the next step in the evolution of business analytics. Featuring a brand-new streamlined interface, dossiers are a new method of consuming analytics that your end users are going to love. Dossiers go beyond dashboards and bring together data from across the business in intuitive, interactive analytical applications.
Dossiers are organized in pages and chapters that make it easy to navigate and share the reports and visualizations you're familiar with. And with live collaboration, commenting, and notifications, your team can stay in sync and be ready to take informed action when it counts.
The MicroStrategy Library is a personalized portal that enables end users to access all of their dossiers from a single location. Library combines powerful search functionality, real-time collaboration, and a simplified UX design to make accessing and sharing analytics faster and easier than ever before.
With MicroStrategy 10.9, consumers have the ability to collaborate with one another via discussion threads and real-time comments within the dossier interface. Anyone who has access to a dossier through the MicroStrategy Library can ask questions, highlight trends, and share their current filter state with others. Users who are tagged in a comment can receive real-time notifications via email, browser banners, page and library alerts, or push notifications.
Dossiers deliver a completely revamped approach to filtering with a clean, simple interface and support for multiple types of filters, including visual filters, advanced qualification filters, and in-canvas selectors. With visual filters, users can now embed any MicroStrategy visualization into the filter panel of a dossier, providing a visual way to filter information without taking up valuable screen real estate.
MicroStrategy 10.9 supports responsive design that makes it easier than ever to build and deploy analytics. Content authors can now control how a dossier is displayed across different device types and screen sizes. From the design interface, users can see previews of their content for different configurations, without having to test it across multiple devices. This makes it easy to quickly build dossiers that look great and work seamlessly across a variety of devices.
New and Improved Data Connectors
For the first time, MicroStrategy 10.9 allows organizations to access datasets across different projects in a MicroStrategy deployment. Version 10.9 also certifies the latest data sources, including: Maria Database 10.x, Apache Hive 2.x, Spark SQL 2.0, and MapR 5.2, and delivers improvements to data connectors for Presto, Snowflake, and Amazon Redshift. In addition, the MicroStrategy Hadoop Gateway now supports live queries against the data source, reducing latency and ensuring that users have access to the most current data.
Access Semi-structured Data With Solr and Elasticsearch
MicroStrategy 10.9 delivers out-of-the-box connectors for both Solr and Elasticsearch. These connectors allow end users to query semi-structured data sources including text scripts and log files. Data from Solr and Elasticsearch is returned to MicroStrategy in JSON format, making it easy to parse data into tables for use in MicroStrategy applications.
The latest version of MicroStrategy enhances the ability to build hierarchy reports and visualize data stored in ragged hierarchies in MDX sources. Version 10.9 gives users the ability to sort attributes based on the sort order defined in the data source, define dynamic filters, and write custom MDX queries to create derived elements within a hierarchy report.
Updates to MicroStrategy AWS
MicroStrategy on AWS allows organizations to deploy and manage enterprise analytics environments through the provisioning console. MicroStrategy 10.9 adds significant enhancements to our cloud offering, including: single-click hotfix upgrades, the ability to deploy MicroStrategy into existing Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) accounts, and support for additional global data centers (Northern Virginia, Ohio, Oregon, Ireland, Frankfurt, London, Sydney, and Tokyo).
- MicroStrategy Desktop
- MicroStrategy Workstation
- Conditional metrics for dossier authors
- Audit license utilization
- Enhancements for Usher
- All-new dossiers
- Increased collaboration
- Enhanced filtering
- Completely responsive designs
- New and improved data connectors
- R and R Integration Pack, now available out of the box
- Public library of data connectors
- MicroStrategy on AWS
- Embed images during Android app compilation
- Usher Inbox
- New Data Connector SDK
- Integration with leading NLG tools
- Improved Native Hadoop Gateway
- Enhanced EMM Support for Android
- Support for SHP files for custom shapes for maps on your iOS devices
- Revamped PDF export engine with support for maps, custom visualizations and more
- Unified map visualization with multiple layers
- Subscription-based delivery of MicroStrategy files for offline data discovery
- Secure Android apps with native Airwatch integration
- SMS Badge Distribution with Usher Network Manager
- New certifications and added support for more Enterprise Assets including OData
- Native support for RESTful APIs to access data in JSON format
- Improved custom visualization support on Mobile
- Improved combination charts for Mobile
- 2-way communication between Usher Security Administrator and a badge holder
- New Work Fencing capabilities
- Doubled server cluster capacity, up to eight nodes
- Tell better stories with dynamic linking to external content
- Increased connectivity to more big data drivers
- Mobile user experience improvements for both Android and iOS.
- New custom visualization properties pane
- Drill to all levels of detail on a document while in Presentation Mode
- Overhaul of the MicroStrategy platform installation process
- ESRI maps supported in MicroStrategy Mobile on both iOS and Android devices
- New search-based input controls
- Easily cut, copy, paste, or duplicate entire panels within a document
- Customize your homepage like never before
- Quickly expand out-of-the-box visualization capabilities
- Faster collaboration
- Native mobile gestures with custom D3 visualizations
- Create and manage subscriptions on the go
- Optimized in-memory performance
- General workflow and stability enhancements
- Introduction of Presentation Mode for MicroStrategy Web
- Support Data Wrangling for databases to extend wrangling to all sources
- Run report from Server on MicroStrategy 10.1 Desktop
- Calendar selector enhancements
- Support Attribute Object Selector on Grid
[Error loading the WebPart 'GlobalContent_1' of type 'GlobalContent_1']