« Return to open positions
Assistant General Counsel, Global Privacy & Data Protection
Corporate Resources | Washington (Tysons Corner, VA)
What We Do:
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide the most flexible, powerful, scalable and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobile, identity and loyalty, offered either on premises or in the cloud. The MicroStrategy Analytics Platform™ enables leading organizations to analyze vast amounts of data and distribute actionable business insight throughout the enterprise. Our analytics platform delivers reports and dashboards, and enables users to conduct ad hoc analysis and share their insights anywhere, anytime. The MicroStrategy Mobile App Platform™ lets organizations rapidly build information-rich applications that combine multimedia, transactions, analytics, and custom workflows. The MicroStrategy Identity Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Usher™) provides organizations the ability to develop a secure mobile app for identity and credentials. The MicroStrategy Loyalty Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Alert) is a next-generation, mobile customer loyalty and engagement solution. To learn more about MicroStrategy, visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
Find out more about the members of our Corporate Legal Team at Who Knew?
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- You will join a top-flight legal team and take the lead in designing and implementing enhancements to the company’s global compliance program on privacy-related matters, including data protection and data security. Based at the company’s HQ, you will work on cutting edge legal issues in an innovative, fast-paced environment that will include regulatory compliance activities as well as a broad range of commercial transactions worldwide. In meeting the needs of our sophisticated and rapidly-evolving offerings, you will be creative and practical as well as adept at handling large and small-scale projects. You should possess a strong understanding of mobile apps, internet architecture and related technologies and have a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Review company-wide data flows, products and services, and marketing communications to provide advice and implement privacy compliance objectives, including all registrations with DPAs
- Manage public-facing privacy policies for the Company’s mobile apps and websites so that they are clear, concise and user-friendly
- Advise on privacy-related commercial terms
- Establish standards for responding to inquiries from privacy regulators and end users
- Administer privacy training modules tailored to the needs of different departments
- Work closely with the R&D and IS teams to help ensure compliance with privacy regulations worldwide
- J.D. from top tier law school followed by 7+ years of experience with reputable law firm and/or in-house department
- Substantial direct experience providing guidance on compliance with privacy-related regulations in the US and EU
- Certified Privacy Information Professional status a plus
- Ability to manage fast-paced workload and add value to multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who shows project ownership and enjoys working across departments
Job Code: 15092
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
« Return to open positions