« Return to open positions
Senior Counsel/Assistant General Counsel, Global Privacy
Corporate Resources | Washington (Vienna, VA)
What We Do:
Four disruptive technology trends -- Big Data, Mobile, Cloud and Social -- are reshaping companies, industries and economies around the world. MicroStrategy is a NASDAQ-listed technology company that is transforming the way organizations interact with data to harness these forces. The MicroStrategy Business Intelligence (BI) Platform™ enables leading organizations to analyze the vast amounts of data available to their enterprises to make better business decisions. Through MicroStrategy Mobile™, we extend our BI platform to mobile devices and also make mobile app development fast and easy. We have embraced the flexibility and innovation of the cloud by offering cloud-based access to our entire platform via MicroStrategy Cloud™. Capitalizing on the growth of social media, MicroStrategy has most recently unveiled social intelligence applications, such as Wisdom Professional™, that can be used by customers to harness the power of social data. A global business with offices in 25+ countries, MicroStrategy has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant in the 2012 “Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms” report. To learn more about MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR), visit us on the web, Facebook and Twitter.
Find out more about the members of our Corporate Legal Team at Who Knew?
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- You will join a top-flight legal team and take the lead in designing and implementing enhancements to the company’s global compliance program on privacy-related matters, including data protection and data security. Based at the company’s HQ, you will work on cutting edge legal issues in an innovative, fast-paced environment that will include regulatory compliance activities as well as a broad range of commercial transactions worldwide. In meeting the needs of our sophisticated and rapidly-evolving offerings, you will be creative and practical as well as adept at handling large and small-scale projects. You should possess a strong understanding of mobile apps, internet architecture and related technologies and have a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Review company-wide data flows, products and services, and marketing communications to provide advice and implement privacy compliance objectives, including all registrations with DPAs
- Manage public-facing privacy policies for the Company’s mobile apps and websites so that they are clear, concise and user-friendly
- Advise on privacy-related commercial terms
- Establish standards for responding to inquiries from privacy regulators and end users
- Administer privacy training modules tailored to the needs of different departments
- Work closely with the R&D and IS teams to help ensure compliance with privacy regulations worldwide
- J.D. from top tier law school followed by 7+ years of experience with reputable law firm and/or in-house department
- Substantial direct experience providing guidance on compliance with privacy-related regulations in the US and EU
- Certified Privacy Information Professional status a plus
- Ability to manage fast-paced workload and add value to multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who shows project ownership and enjoys working across departments
Job Code: 15092
MicroStrategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
« Return to open positions